“It’s not too hard to notice what’s not going well. But noticing what is? That’s a challenge.”
This past November, I took part in the 30 Days of Gratitude Project for the second year in a row. The project, created by Annie Zirkel, LPC author of You’ll Thank Me Later ~ A Guide to Raising Grateful Children & Paul Taubman, AllAboutGratitude blogger, invites people to post their daily gratitudes throughout the month of November on the project website http://www.30DaysofGratitude.org .
Many of us (myself included) are guilty of being jaded, overly sarcastic and taking for granted all the good things we have in life. We easily get caught up in the things we still want and don’t have and we get very frustrated when things don’t go according to plan. It’s easy to forget the good stuff. Gratitude is a feeling, but it is also a practice. It has been my experience the more grateful you are for the good in life, the more good will come to you (still working on the billion dollars though). I have to confess, I don’t feel that grateful most days. That is why I loved this project. This is my second year posting my gratitudes and reading what others are grateful for, and it was truly inspiring, heartwarming and humbling. It was a reminder to remember the good things in my life and be truly grateful because you know what, I do have it good. Actually, I have it great.
So here they are, my 30 Days of Gratitude:
1. I am grateful for my strength. The past two years have been the hardest I’ve ever experienced in my life, but I made it through the hardships and came out a stronger person.
2. I am grateful for my cousins. I am very lucky that I grew up with people who understand my unspoken thoughts and who I can have a great time with no matter what we are doing.
3. I am grateful for the knowledge I have been blessed with. There is no greater bliss than being one with all. JGD
4. I am grateful for my body and my health. Even though I don’t take care of it as I should, it still gets me through life.
5. I am grateful for my parents for providing everything I need and want in my life.
6. I am grateful for old friends. We grew up together and went through a lot. I’m glad you are still in my life.
7. I am grateful for the travel opportunities I have in my life. Though I can never get enough, I realize that not everyone is able to travel as much as I do. Seeing the world is a great blessing.
8. I am grateful for my renewed sense of acceptance. I recognize that some things are within my control and some things are not within my control. I am happy I am recognizing the difference and accept whatever happens.
9. I am grateful for my brother, who knows me and always has my back. I love you bro!
10. I am grateful for the person who lifted me up, lightened my heart and eased my worries. I am blessed with your love and light.
11. I am grateful for the amazing weather we’re having. I love being outdoors enjoying the sun.
12. I am grateful for my car. It gets me where I need to go AND it’s red.
13. I am grateful for the beautiful homes I have and will have. Truly a blessing when many have none.
14. I am grateful that I can pamper myself when I need to.
15. I am grateful for the abundance of delicious food I am blessed with.
16. I am grateful for all the wonderful memories I have of growing up, of great people, and the good times.
17. I am grateful for this vacation as it allowed me to recharge, reflect, and spend great times with my family and friends. A great reminder that life is good.
18. I am grateful that I am surrounded by wise people who are willing to offer their time, help, support, advice, and guidance.
19. I am grateful that God always reminds me how lucky I really am.
20. I am grateful for my resilience. I am glad I can bounce back after hitting rock bottom.
21. I am grateful for the great deep sleep I have been having lately. It really is helping me accomplish more.
22. I am grateful that I am Lebanese. Even though our country is crazy, it has made us face the world’s challenges easier than others.
23. I am grateful for the children in my family. It’s a joy to have fun with them as they view the world as a wondrous place and they are full of unconditional love.
24. I am grateful for the creatures in the world, especially dogs.
25. I am grateful for my loved ones, who never hesitate to lend a sympathetic ear, words of kindness and inspiration. They always remind me that things will be ok.
26. Though we haven’t always seen eye to eye and it took me a while to admit, I am grateful for Kuwait. I was born here and lived here all my life. It has allowed me to get a great education, be close to my family, travel and experience the world, grow and evolve, and meet amazing people who have become my lifelong loved ones.
27. I am grateful for my mom who constantly pushes my personal and spiritual growth. I love you mom.
28. I am grateful that my problems seem quite big but are actually small compared to what others face.
29. I am grateful for technology which opened up a new world with amazing people and knowledge. I never would have met them otherwise or know the things I know now if it wasn’t for technology.
30. I am grateful for the 30 days of gratitude project. It is important to be grateful for life’s blessings and obstacles. It makes us who we are. 30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE